The Comprehensive Care Clinic provides compassionate care to all patients with chronic medical conditions, specializing in the physical, spiritual and emotional care of patients with HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis.
The department is open Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm.
Services provided at the CCC include:
- Clinical care by doctors, surgeons, nurses and clinical officers
- Provider initiated testing, couple testing and counseling (PITC)
- Prevention care especially for the HIV/AIDs
- Cervical Cancer screening and treatment
- Adherence counseling for HAART and TB medication/screening
- Nutrional counseling
- Food supplements to the underweight with HIV/AID
- Spiritual care through the chaplaincy department and health care workers
- Involved in research studies
- Linkages to other care givers ie. social workers and community health
- Refferals to hospice
- Provision of health education
- Involvement in support groups
For more information call Tenwek hospital and ask to be transferred to the CCC.